Through our funding we support people to feel connected to, supported by and involved in their community. Healthy communities have opportunities for people to interact, form relationships and share experiences. We recognise social connections can help to reduce isolation and build resilient communities.
Our priorities are projects, programmes or services:
- Supporting connections, bringing people and community organisations together, and building strong communities
- Enabling connection by enhancing or maintaining places where people gather, such as community centres, hubs or marae
- Fostering and celebrating a sense of identity and community, belonging, diversity and cultural connection
What we will look at
- What difference will your project, programme or service make?
- Does your organisation have the capability and capacity to deliver the project, programme or service?
- How do you know there is a need for your project or organisation?
- How are the community or people who use your service involved with or support your organisation or project?
- To what extent do you work with other organisations to achieve your aims?
- How do you learn about whether your programme is meeting its intended outcomes?
- How does your project, programme or service meet good practice or is it evidence based? This is particularly important if your organisation is working with vulnerable people including children, young people, elderly people, disabled people, and people with mental health issues.
Funding for building projects
Capital expenditure, for example youth and community centres are considered under our Building Projects Programme.
What we don't fund
There are some things Rātā Foundation does not fund, read our list of exclusions.
Ready to Apply? Apply Now