Through our funding we support individuals, families/whānau to learn throughout their lives.
We place importance on the great start in life provided by quality education, post school learning and the need to support people as they move through the different stages of life. We recognise learning as a pathway for individuals, families/whānau to reach their potential.
Our priorities are projects, programmes or services:
- Connecting families/whānau and communities to children’s learning and schools
- Enabling the lifting of educational outcomes of Māori and Pasifika children, those with learning needs and those coming from low socio-economic backgrounds
- Enabling access to quality Early Childhood Education
- Enabling people to develop skills, knowledge and confidence throughout their lives particularly people who may face barriers
What we will look at
- What difference will your project, programme or service make?
- Does your organisation have the capability and capacity to deliver the project, programme or service?
- How do you know there is a need for your project or organisation?
- How are the community or people who use your service involved with or support your organisation or project?
- To what extent do you work with other organisations to achieve your aims?
- How do you learn about whether your programme is meeting its intended outcomes?
- How does your project, programme or service meet good practice or is it evidence based? This is particularly important if your organisation is working with vulnerable people including children, young people, elderly people, disabled people, and people with mental health issues.
- Read about our additional criteria for programmes in schools.
- Do you have a need for our funding?
How we Fund
Find out which Funding Programme best suits your project.
What we don't fund
There are some things Rātā Foundation does not fund, read our list of exclusions.
Ready to apply?
To discuss your application, please contact one of our Funding Team or phone us on freephone 0508 266 878 or apply now.